Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sunflower in Winter!

Last night before I went to bed I soaked some sunflower seeds. So later today I can make a sunny pate'. They are light and easy to digest for me. I eat it with cabbage which I cut into strips and put in a big bowl, then massage celtic sea salt into it and let it sit for at least an hour. You can use kale instead if you want.

You know this raw life food life style is really sublime. When I am listening to my body and feeding what it really needs, not what my emotions tell me it wants, I feel soft and peaceful inside. Sometimes my energy gets so high I feel like I just might float. Usually I dance around the house for a while. The feeling of clarity and stability surrounds me and I can focus on......well on consciousness and love. My thoughts and decisions seem to be what is really best for me at that moment. It feels like magic because most of my life I have felt the gloomy foggy thickness of fungus producing foods that make a body compost itself. Dead food = death, even to a soul. Life food of course brings light into our hearts and opens it up to endless possibilities. This year is my year to find the strength in what nature has offered me for my highest potential and greatest love. She offers her nourishment with so much beauty I am always filled up. She even shows up in the most toxic places to remind us of her beauty.

Sunflowery Winter Pate'

2 cups raw sunflower seeds
4 cups filtered water for soaking
Soak overnight
4 celery stalks
1 lemon
1 tsp celtic sea salt or to taste
1/2 cup tahini optional

This is a basic recipe, you could add carrot, garlic, dulse, cayenne, or even some chopped up veggies like celery, tomatoes, and red, orange or yellow bell peppers. Get creative try something different.

Love to you ALL!
Shanti

No comments: