Friday, August 14, 2009

MMMMMMMM........Yummy Soft Basil Garlic Almond Bread!

Hi,

Well I said that I would give you the recipe the next day but I didn't. Sorry, I was distracted by other things. Well here it is now. It turned out so yummy. My friend Lori loved it. We had such a nice time together it felt like just yesterday that we had been best friends in high school.

Here is what she said about our visit and the sandwitch I made her on my face book wall:

"Thanks so much for having me over and preparing that wonderful meal. Olivia (her 15 year old daughter) and I have already made the almond mayonnaise and I had one of your sandwiches yesterday and today.....Chris loved it."

"Yes, it was great to see you, too, you are such a cutie! I felt like like it was just like yesterday in a lot of ways, too. It's nice to have you back in my life and I would love to come over for a smoothie! Olivia is eager to meet you, as well. She liked your raw veggie bread and was very impressed."

Love you always, Lori

Basil Garlic Flax Almonds Bread!

3 C unsoaked flax seeds
cover with water to soak over night
3 C unsoaked almonds
cover with water to soak over night
3 sweet onions
3 big cloves of garlic
1 big bunch of basil
1 or 2 tablespoons of celtic sea salt or to your taste
Cayenne to taste, I like a lot!

In vita mix blend the soaked flax 1/2 cup at a time. Add water if needed.

Put all the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and mix all together is a big bowl with the blended flax. Put on t-flex sheets in dehydrator about 1/4 inch thick. Dehydrate for 2 hours then turn and take off sheets and dehydrate for 4 more hours or just enough so they are soft and bendy but not to mushy or hard. Makes about 5 trays. Cut into 4 pieces a tray.

Look for the almond recipe on this blog!

Put almond mayonnaise on the bread and fill with you favorite greens, tomatoes, avocados, olives, pesto, what every your heart desires! yummmmmmmmmmmm!

Your Friend the Sandwitch Witch!

No comments: