Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Juice Fast Day 3!

Hi everyone,

I am on the 3rd day of my juice fast and aside form feeling a little spacey I feel good. With about 3 quarts of juice a day my body feels energetic and strong. Strong enough to walk to the top of Powell Butte today, a nature park in Portland. At the top of the hill little young stinging nettles are popping up all over the place. This past week they have been calling to me. They are my favorite green plant. Find out why at these sites:



I will be juicing mine right after I type this blog. I have enough for a few days! Then I'll go back out and pick some more this week end.

I'll let you know how it feels to drink the juice. In the past I have mostly just blended them in my green soups and dried them for sun tea.

Love,
Shanti~!~

2 comments:

Bob said...

Wild Man Brill from Central Park. He's wild. I have his book.

Bob said...

Fiddleheads are a nice find, too. They're bigger here than back in Massachusetts or New Hampshire, where I'd earlier picked them.

NYPD arrested Steve Brill for picking dandelions (?) in Central Park. Any publicity....

Happy Foraging for Wild Edibles,

Bob