Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Experts Say Eat Raw

What do the Experts say about why a raw and living foods life style is important for health?

Over the years I have read many books about the Raw Food Diet. It is overwhelming. I look at the recipes and many of them have dates, bananas, sprouted wheat, corn, agave nectar, raw cacao, heavy on the nuts, poor on the food combining all made into raw versions of pizza, tacos, cheese, pies, cookies, smoothies etc. For someone like me who needed to heal form chronic digestive problems it felt frustrating. I wanted support in healing not indulging. I'm sure that for a lot of people those foods are far better than the cooked versions. Yes, I wanted all those yummy looking gourmet raw food dishes, (and still do sometimes), but when ever I ate them I felt less than well. So I needed to simplify right off the bat. I still eat simply.

David Jubb was one of my first influences on a true healing path. Blended green soups, salads, and some nut and seed pates. Even the dehydrated foods are far from digestible for me. Dr. Gabriel Cousens is another of my favorite teachers. In his books (Conscious Eating and Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine), I found the support I needed to eat the foods that truly supported my healing. The low glycemic recipes I found in his books and the information on how to heal was so helpful. I felt relieved and pleased to have such strait, and clear information.

To be continued on what the experts have to say. I didn't cover much this time. I need a good nights sleep.

No comments: